help.sitevision.se always refers to the latest version of Sitevision
9.2 If you must use device-dependent attributes, provide redundant input mechanisms.
Make sure that all elements that have their own user interface can be used independently of the user's equipment.
You can never be sure how the user controls their computer. In particular, there are a lot of users who cannot use a mouse. Therefore, a basic condition for a website is to allow the website to be navigated using only the keyboard. Such navigation can then be supplemented with the ability to also control the interface using the mouse.
- Use input-independent concepts in the code.
- Every time you use "OnMouse" you should add "OnFocus"
- Every time you use "OnMouseUp" you should add "OnKeyUp"
- Every time you use "OnMouseDown" you should add "OnKeyDown"
- Every time you use "OnClick" you should add "OnKeyPress"
The page published: